If you find yourself in need of legal representation, please see the information below.
- The Neighborhood Legal Services Association assists individuals who cannot otherwise afford a lawyer with assistance in civil matters. Their focus areas are in serving victims of violence, those unlawfully evicted, those unfairly denied government benefits and those engaged in a child custody suit. They have offices located in Allegheny County, Beaver County, Butler County and Lawrence County.
- PALawHelp.org is an online resource that can help you understand your legal issues. They also include links to organizations that provide legal counsel to low-income individuals.
- The Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network (PLAN), Inc. provides free legal services to low-income individuals. You can use their map of Pennsylvania counties to locate their program office nearest to you.
- The Pennsylvania Bar Association provides information about pro bono services in the Commonwealth.
- The Allegheny County Bar Foundation connects lawyers interested in volunteering their time and services to low-income individuals in need of legal representation in Allegheny County.
- Philadelphia VIP provides pro bono legal services to low-income individuals in southeastern Pennsylvania.
- Northwest Legal Services/Legal Aid deals with civil cases and provides free legal services to low-income individuals across northwestern Pennsylvania in Erie, Crawford, Mercer, Venango, Warren, Forest, McKean, Elk, Cameron and Potter Counties.